CAREER OPPORTUNITY PROFILE
Keith Zars Pools, Ltd., the “Best-in-Class” residential and commercial pool builder in Texas, is currently hiring an Apprentice Electrician with a passion for delivering upon our legendary pool construction excellence!
As an Apprentice Electrician, under a certified or licensed Electrician, you will assist electricians with installing new electrical wiring and conduit and repairing existing electrical wiring and conduit while maintaining compliance with national, state, and local electrical codes along with all KZP policies and procedures. Support activities at commercial and residential project locations.
Keith Zars Pools, Ltd. is a premier, rapidly growing, highly diversified pool construction company, looking for top talent seeking to join our industry-leading team. KZP employees are “built to succeed” – competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure a quality “Best-in-Class” product. There are many reasons why you should consider a career with our company such as:
- Full time, year-round work
- Paid Vacation, Sick time and Holidays
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD&D Insurance
- Challenging, complex, and unique pool building projects
- The best tools and material to help you succeed
- Supportive and trusting managers who reward success
- Career advancement & growth opportunities via training and development
- Assist with the installation, repair, maintenance and testing of commercial and residential electrical systems in full support of Company. safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools, under supervision.
- Assist the Electrician with measuring, cutting, bending, threading and installing wire and electrical cable and conduit systems.
- Assist the Electrician with wires and cables within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Work with an Electrician to splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Clean, gather and transport materials to electricians on the construction site.
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure Company productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Adhere to all Company safety policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Dependent on level of completion):
- Must be currently enrolled or working on enrollment in an approved Apprentice program.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, basic circuits, branch circuits, and specialty systems.
- Knowledge of magnetic induction, three-phase transformers, conductors and wiring methods.
- The ability to read and understand electrical single line blueprints.
- Familiar with aspects of operation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems.
- Basic knowledge of tools and equipment and how to safely use them.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
An Equal Opportunity Employer