CAREER OPPORTUNITY PROFILE
Keith Zars Pools, Ltd., the “Best-in-Class” residential and commercial pool builder in Texas, is currently seeking a Manager, Fleet Maintenance for our San Antonio, TX home office.
The Fleet Maintenance Manager will lead and manage our expanding fleet division. The role will partner with senior leadership on strategic planning initiatives and carry out the vision of excellence to successfully deliver Fleet projects of varying size and scope of complexity. This position will be responsible for the performance and safety of the overall fleet and DOT requirements.
Keith Zars Pools, Ltd. is a premier, rapidly growing, highly diversified pool construction company, looking for top talent seeking to join our industry-leading team. KZP employees are “built to succeed” – competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure a quality product and “Best-in-Class” service. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company such as:
- Paid Vacation/Sick time; Paid Holidays;
- Medical, Dental, Vision health insurance
- Paid AD&D and Life Insurance
- Challenging, complex, and unique pool building projects
- Creative and innovative problem-solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic direction for the safety and performance of all fleet operations and maintenance.
- Operate with limited supervision staying within parameters set by senior leadership.
- Develop and implement strategy to ensure the corporate fleet is right sized, right typed and modernized to meet our current operational performance and growth initiatives.
- Develop and implement written processes for all vehicle purchases, maintenance, inventory and repair, and fueling cost analytics.
- Streamline the DOT requirements/reporting, forecast modeling and fleet operations analysis.
- Interface across cross-functional teams to establish, cultivate and retain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Motivate, mentor, develop, lead, and manage fleet maintenance team by developing and implementing; career paths for each employee, succession planning, and accountability of KPI’s.
- Boost alignment and synergy with multiple Depts. gaining buy-in from stakeholders by leading the implementation of safety initiatives.
- Periodically audit the field and other fleet maintenance processes by reviewing results with senior leadership.
- Identify best in class fleet management software/system for immediate integration and implementation to direct daily project and workforce mgt. work.
- Oversee fuel card/management system and work with fuel partner to ensure availability.
- Develop and administer the plan for alternative fuel usage vehicle acquisitions, maintenance, and fueling stations.
- Represent company on internal and industry committees as appropriate, such as National Association of Fleet Administrators, internal DOT and OSHA Safety committee chairman.
- Create the “Driver Playbook,” consisting of all requirements necessary to operate a vehicle for the entire lifecycle of a Driver (Pre-Hire, Daily Operations, Periodic Recertification, Offboarding).
- Partner with Operations Managers to help create a process that ensures Drivers are certified to operate a vehicle and come up with a checks & balance system to mitigate risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 5+ years of progressively responsible fleet leadership experience leading teams of technicians, and/or mechanics. Combination of equivalent experience and education may substitute for min. qualifications.
- Possess valid Driver’s License and good driving history.
- Proven experience in leading process improvement efforts coupled with the ability to effectively direct and lead a team through change initiatives.
- Innovative and collaborative leadership style coupled with strong influential skills.
- Required knowledge of cost management, DOT requirements and Fleet Mgt. software.
- Keen ability to think strategically and make critical business decisions.
- Experience in project management and communications needed to drive large scale projects.
- Ability to clearly communicate with and inspire through leading with passion.
- Ability to effectively delegate and hold others accountable to achieving results.
- High level of emotional intelligence with the ability to understand and navigate social situations.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read small letters/text and operate keyboard/computer.
An Equal Opportunity Employer